Difference Between Cold and Flu Symptoms?
A lot of people refer to their cold as flu – more often than not they simply have a bad cold. In fact most of us get at least one cold a year and just occasionally we fall ill with flu.
Even symptoms such as a sore throat, runny or blocked nose and headaches are unlikely by themselves to mean that you have flu – you may just have a nasty cold and should rest if possible. However, if you are running a temperature, suffering from more headaches or are experiencing bodily aches and pains, you may well have flu and should rest, at least until the fever has passed.
Both colds and flus are caused by viruses and cannot be treated with antibiotics but you can ease the symptoms of colds and flus – and that’s how BENYLIN® can be of help.
By using a BENYLIN® product that can help relieve some of your symptoms, you can help your body to rest and recover.
Find out about the different symptoms of cold & flu and which specific product might help you below.
- Cough: A cough can also be a symptom of a cold or the flu, so you may also suffer from a mucus, chesty, dry or tickly cough. Find out about the different types of cough. BENYLIN® offers a variety of cough remedies to help you treat your cough.
- Blocked Nose: A blocked nose is caused when the membranes lining the nose become swollen as a result of inflamed blood vessels. Check SUDAFED® the No.1 selling decongestant brand to find a product to help you treat your blocked nose*.
- Headaches: It’s common to have headaches when you come down with flu, largely because of a high temperature and dehydration. Check cold & flu relief for adults to find out how BENYLIN® can help you treat your cold & flu symptoms.
- Sore throat: Sore throats are normally caused by bacterial or viral infections and can be among the first signs of coming down with a cold or flu. Check BENYLIN® Tickly Cough Non-Drowsy to find out how BENYLIN® can help you treat your sore throat. You may also want to ask your pharmacist about TYROZETS® sore throat lozenges *.
- Fever: A fever is a common symptom of the flu and if your body temperature is above 100.4oF (38oC) you should take steps to bring it down. All BENYLIN® cold & flu products contain the active ingredient paracetamol which helps to relieve pain and fever. Check out our BENYLIN® Cold & Flu range to find a suitable product for you.
- Bodily aches and pains: One of the sure signs that you might have flu instead of a cold is the onset of general aches and pains. All BENYLIN® cold & flu products contain the active ingredient paracetamol which helps to relieve pain and fever. Check out our BENYLIN® Cold & Flu range to find a suitable product for you.
TYROZETSTM Sore Throat Lozenges. Always read the label.