Tips & Advice for Cough, Cold & Flu Relief
When you are suffering from a cough, a full-blown cold or flu, your immune system has a lot of work to do. Look at our tips below which can help to make you feel better soon.
- Keep hydrated - drink water. Doing this helps your immune system fight the sickness and can also help loosen mucus and replenish the lost fluids from blowing your nose.
- Stay rested - give you immune system a little help by resting, this will help your body direct the energy towards to immune battle and help get you back to feeling yourself again.
- Steamy shower - help moisturise your nasal passages and relax by sitting near, or having a steamy shower.
- Ice cubes - if your throat hurts from a tickly or dry cough, try eating some ice cubes to help soothe the soreness and pain.
- Elevate you head - If you’re suffering from a cold, try sleeping with an extra pillow. Being slightly elevated can help drain the congestion so you sleep better.
- Use sanitizer - by keeping an alcohol based hand sanitizer with you, you can kill the germs and prevent any of your friends and family also getting sick.
- Smoking – by avoiding smoke or second hand smoke will help avoid unnecessary irritation to your nose, throat and lungs.
- Spread the germs - by coughing into a tissue and washing your hands with soap after you can avoid the spread of germs.
- Sleeping on your back - try and avoid phlegm flowing up and irritating your throat, but sleeping in an inclined position which will help prevent coughing at night.