Do You Have A Heavy, Mucus Cough?
What is a mucus cough?
A cough is a reflex action to clear your airways of phlegm and irritants such as dust. A mucus cough is a productive cough which means mucus is produced to help clear your airways.
What are the symptoms of a mucus cough?
- When you’ve got a mucus cough, it can feel as if your cough is wet
- One of the main symptoms of a mucus cough is producing mucus or phlegm
What causes a mucus cough?
- Most coughs are caused by a cold or flu
- Mucus helps to keep your airways moist and protect your lungs from irritants
- When you’re fighting off an infection like the flu, however, your body produces more mucus than usual, to help trap and expel the organisms causing infection
- Coughing helps you get rid of all the excess mucus that gets stuck in your lungs and chest
BENYLIN® offers the following mucus cough treatment:
Benylin® Mucus Cough Max Menthol flavour 100 mg/5 ml Oral Solution
Benylin® Mucus Cough Max Honey & Lemon Flavour 100 mg/5 ml Syrup
Benylin® Mucus Cough & Cold All in One Relief Tablets
Benylin® Mucus Cough plus Decongestant Syrup
Benylin® Mucus Cough Night
What to do if you have a persistent mucus cough?
Most coughs go away on their own within 3 weeks, and there’s usually no need to see a doctor.
However, if your cough is persistent and you have had it for more than 3 weeks, you should contact your GP.